- Starting May 15, Lake Miramar, pictured above, and Lake Murray are open to the public.
- REGION For the second day in a row, San Diego County recorded its highest amount of daily tests during the COVID-19 pandemic, and officials reported 132 new cases and eight additional deaths.
- The eight deaths reported Friday included people aged 65 to 94, all of whom had underlying medical conditions.
- For that reason, the county will offer free tests in Southeast San Diego, including 70 tests on Saturday at the Euclid Health Center at 286 Euclid Ave.
- Fletcher also announced starting Monday, Jewish Family Service of San Diego would begin overseeing both San Diego and Imperial counties’ Immigrant Disaster Relief Fund, part of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s effort to provide assistance for undocumented Californians.
Read full article: thecoastnews.com